The exact date of the first Presbyterian congregation at Clearfield is not known and some claim it to be as early as 1809. In 1818 there is record showing Hugh Jordan and Archibald Shaw were ordained and installed as ruling elders. The church was more definite in 1825 when Rev. Gary Bishop was “called” to the pastor of the church in 1826 thru 1834. The first church erected in 1841, however, was removed in 1867 to build the new stone church. The Church was dedicated in 1869 and the cost exceeded $41,000. The church was known for it’s 150 foot steeple that was the highest in the community.